TMJ (TMD) Therapy in Okotoks, Alberta
Do you hear popping and/or grating sounds whenever you open your mouth? Do you suffer from pain when you try to move your lower jaw from side to side? If so, then you may be suffering from Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) pain or Temporomandibular Dysfunction (TMD). Look out for other symptoms such as:
• Pain in the neck and/or shoulders.
• Ear symptoms such as hearing loss, ringing or pain.
• Clenching or grinding teeth while asleep.
• Constantly feeling tired.
• Headaches and pain around eyes.
The symptoms mentioned above may be symptoms of TMJ, but you may experience them due to certain unrelated conditions as well, underlining the importance of having a proper diagnosis. Dr. Scott Gallup will be happy to perform a comprehensive examination and recommend a treatment plan based on your specific symptoms.
Contact us or visit our dentist in Okotoks, AB for TMJ (tmd) Therapy.